This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Monday, February 18, 2013

Of fruit and crafts....

Always busy but I do love updating my blog so here is a quick post for you all :)

The first pics come from our garden where we are beginning to have more fruit available to us as we gradually come to summers end.....Raspberries and rockmelons!
We only bought and planted the raspberry canes this year so it was fabulous to get just a few handfuls of delicious fruit for out smoothies. The rockmelons on the other hand love the hot summer heat and have been growing super fast on their vines - I think we'll have to give some away we'll have that many!






And then of course we always come to the crafty section don't we......LOL It truly is a blessing of mine (to be able to craft)......

This is a custom order ripple blanket (crochet) made with the most gorgeous hand dyed yarn by 'Red riding hood yarns' in the petite collection colorway 'Guava'. I am so thrilled with how pretty this turned out!



With the leftover scraps I made a matching heart bedroom decoration as a thank you to the blankets owner for letting me create it for her .

And lastly this item is very special, it was gifted by a gorgeous friend when my lil girl was very sick at 4 weeks old. I LOVE this yarn and I love that I can now wear it as a reminder of her thoughtfulness and love.
It's a 'rainbow ridge beanie' and I made it as part of the feb designer KAL on the ravelry group 'budding designers downunder.....




xxK

No comments: