This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Monday, September 12, 2011

911 - souls lost and a promise of a new dawn.....


*************************
Today I clutch my children tighter...... I want to hold them closer for all the mothers who have lost theirs amongst the devastation of the 9/11 attacks and the ten years that have followed. 
I've watched the list of souls taken grow longer and I can't help but connect to the pain and suffering that has defined the hearts of so many mothers...the American mother, the Iraqi mother, the afghan mother, the mothers of the soldiers, the mothers who lost because it was wrong and the mothers who lost because it was right. 
There can be no prejudice because every soul gone was a precious gift to a mother and whether they fought for good or they followed bad a mother mourns their loss and adds another date to the worlds memory..............
Today on the tenth anniversary I pray that each soul is at peace, that the pain felt from each loss is a little more distant and that our world truly does start to herald a new dawn.

****************************


No comments: