This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Friday, June 17, 2011

Beanie weather and veges

First is of course some knitting...knit in cascade 220 Peruvian wool - a beanie for my Dad. He lives down south and needed some new ones. I just adore the decreasing style of this beanie pattern, produces a nice flat top with a cool effect. I'll be knitting him another one in black but this time I'm going to add a few more inches so he has the option of a rolled brim as well.

K3, P2 ribbing
The top view
Next we have something my husband is quite proud of - his vegetable garden in pots.
He is really enjoying being outside, planting and digging which is fantastic because it has been along time since I've seen him so enthusiastic about something :)

And he has lettuce, brussel sprouts, zucchini, peas, broccoli, carrots, purple beans and a capsicum.

These are the cherry tomato bushes - they popped up unexpectedly behind the shed.

No comments: