This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunshine in progress

A baby is sunshine and moonbeams and more brightening your world as never before.
-- Author Unknown

I'm creating with sunshine today and it makes me feel happy and warm and full of joy. This little sunbeam is a special new baby knit for my ravelry 'bag full of color' swap partner - her first baby is due in August and her chosen color is yellow, perfect for unisex and perfect for me because yellow is fast becoming a fav color for me lately.
This oh so soft squishy yarn is mulberry silk...I've never knit with it before.
The pattern I've chosen is an in the round/no seams 'Edens Adam'.
I might even finish this sweet knit today.


And this one is a test knit of That skein dress
It was a lovely simple knit that leaves itself open to individual choices like lace panels, cables, colorwork etc.
I added a few mods to my knit - I did K1 P1 ribbing around the neck and also around the arm holes...I found it finished it off with a bit more stretch and style :)
I love how the yarn pooled around the hem.
And where is this dress going? Why to little Miss Zoe of course.
Zoe was born the same day as my Israel last year, how special!

1 comment:

Zoobeedoobee said...

I love yellow too you can't help but smile when you see it. You are very clever.