This is my place to chronicle the simple pleasures of my life.....I knit, crochet and sew etc. I'm a proud Mommy, a wife and above all a soul of living light. Join me on a journey to inspiration amongst craft or life.....

Friday, June 6, 2008

More stocks and whateva...............



My new pad sets are now live (at the cloth pad shop).....I wonder how they will be received.
I have also added a few more stocks of cloth pads and sets to my website 'Platinum Panties'.

Actually, thinking about cloth menstrual pads I was talking to my hubby about the comparison of cloth to disposables for him and he commented on the smell of the plastic disposable pads.......I had never realized they had a smell, hmm maybe I'm just ignorant or I've been using them so long (I got my period at 11) that I'm immune but since he said it I had to go have a whiff, lol, and found it to be quite true and he also went as far as to say that he has had friends and workmates (they refused to go near that supermarket isle because of it) say the same thing to him and it's easy to tell when a women is at that time because of it.......wow really??? I was quite taken aback and was like "well why do you think men don't say something to us women" and he said it's because they never thought there was an alternative to plastic pads and since its a necessity what could they say?
As a last thought all I can say now is I'm really glad I use cloth. Hubby is also much more pleased and glad that I also feel more empowered for choosing a nicer, more stylish and NON SMELLING alternative!
The things you learn from the opposite sex ay :)

And on to nappies...............
I am making up a few more nappy covers tonight in a gorgeous multi-colored puzzle piece print fleece!
Next on my list is fitted cloth nappies, I am a user of cloth and just can't say enough about how much better they are to use than disposables.
Better for the environment, better on your pocket, better on baby's skin and much better for color and style.
So look out for them!
And by the way I'm still waiting for my hemp fleece order :$

No comments: